buttons

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Saturday, December 12, 2009

Aunt Else review

So I love new recipes and new foods. I like changing breakfast or dinner up a little. It makes for better variety to find stuff my family likes. Well I got to try Aunt Else's Aebleskiver mix & pan. I was excited to try it. It looked neat and fun.

When I got this I had to season the pan which sucked ha ha. I did it the way it said but it stank up the whole house but everyone I talked to said that is normal for cast iron pans while seasoning. Luckily this is a thing you only have to do every once in a while.

The next morning I made the mix which my baby girl cant have because it has buttermilk in it but the rest of us ate them. The mix was very easy to make and understand. I love that it uses organic ingredients. I followed direction exactly. I decided to add chocolate chips to ours which the kids loved. The first batch stuck alot and being the first time using this pan and never making Aunt Else's Aebleskiver mix before this was understandable. The second batch did way better but on the second batch i used cooking spray all over the pan and this kept it from sticking. The kids had about 4 to 6 of them each so they loved them. I ate a few and so did my hubby. They are definitely a hit in this house. My kids are already asking when I am making them again. I want to try it with sausage, apples, or berries. They sound yummy!

Aunt Else have great gift package to send to your loved ones which is perfect during the holidays. So head over and check them out! They are also offering my reader's a 10% discount on any purchase made on www.AuntElse.com if they fan or follow them on Facebook, Twitter or FoodBuzz, or leave a comment on a their aebleskiver tutorial video on YouTube. You would just need to include your fan/follow option & my blog name in the " Add special instructions to the seller" during the checkout process.

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/AuntElses
Twitter: http://twitter.com/aebleskiver
FoodBuzz: http://www.foodbuzz.com/brands/producer/aunt+else
YouTube Tutorial video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zaG_wAFuYQA

2 comments:

Becca said...

Yum I love aebelskivers but have only had them in restaurants. They are great with jelly inside and a bit of powdered sugar on the outside :)

Tiffany said...

What a great gift idea!