Spaghetti Squash Bolognese
I love Spaghetti Squash! A lot of people even use it to replace pasta in their favorite recipes. But, I just can’t bring myself to give up my favorite starch, so I include some whole wheat pasta for my carb-loving friends. Carbs aside - this recipe is chock full of healthy veggies and low fat protein.
- 1 pound Ground Turkey
- ½ yellow onion (minced)
- 4 fresh Tomatoes (diced)
- 2 Carrots (grated)
- 2 cups Crushed Tomatoes
- 2 cups Chicken Stock
- 1 small roasted Spaghetti Squash
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 Tbs Garlic Powder
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- ½ box of Whole Wheat Pasta
- preheat oven to 400 degrees
- cut squash in half and remove seeds
- drizzle with olive oil and wrap with aluminum foil
- bake for 1 hour or until tender.
- when cool, remove squash from skin.
- in a large non-stick stock pot brown ground turkey
- just before turkey is fully cooked add onions, carrots and a bay leaf
- cook until onions are tender
- add the diced tomatoes, crushed tomatoes and the chicken stock
- bring to a boil and simmer for one hour.
- after one hour add Spaghetti Squash and bring to a boil
My personal preference is to pour this over whole wheat pasta, but it is perfect without as well. Also a great way to cut down on those pesky carbs.
****This is brought to you by Our star chef is Krissy Stark, a farm raised New Yorker. She contributes recipes for an online baby clothes boutique where you can find baby hats, baby shoes and much more.***