Ham with Apple Juice, Brown Sugar and Mustard Glaze
1 10-pound ham with rind
1 cup Tree Top Apple Juice
½ cup Dijon mustard
2/3 cup light brown sugar, packed
¼ cup honey
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Place ham in large roasting pan and pour apple juice over top.
2. Cover ham with parchment paper, then cover ham and roasting pan with heavy-duty foil, sealing tightly at the edges of the pan.
3. Bake ham until thermometer inserted into center of ham, registers 145 degrees (should take approximately 3 hours 45 minutes). Remove ham from oven, and increase oven temperature to 375 degrees.
4. Remove foil and parchment from ham. Drain and discard liquids from roasting pan.
5. Cut off rind and all but ¼ inch thick layer of fat from ham and discard. Using long sharp knife, score fat in 1 inch wide, ¼ inch deep diamond pattern.
6. Spread mustard evenly over fat layer on ham.
7. Pat brown sugar over mustard coating, pressing firmly to adhere.
8. Drizzle honey evenly over and bake ham until it is well glazed, approximately 30 minutes. While baking, spoon any mustard and sugar glaze that slides into roasting pan back over ham.
9. Transfer ham to serving platter, let cool at least 45 minutes. Slice and serve slightly warm or at room temperature.
Thanks to treetop for this amazing recipe!
About Tree Top
Since 1960, Tree Top has provided premium, quality juices, fruit based products and ingredients to consumers and most of the world’s leading food manufactures. The grower-owned co-operative is based in heart of Washington’s apple country. With more than 1,000 growers, the co-op creates the widest array of fruit-based products and ingredients available on the market. Tree Top’s passion and attention to quality and craftsmanship make it the first choice for customers. For more information, visit www.treetop.com.