Thanksgiving Point (www.thanksgivingpoint.org) has long been a holiday staple in the community. 2016 features a brand new, never-before-seen holiday light experience called Luminaria: Experience the Light. Luminaria will be set within the 55-acre Ashton Gardens and will feature a million different lights on display. The event begins with a Thanksgiving Point member preview November 21-23. The general public can then join in from November 25-December 31 (closed Sundays, Christmas Eve & Christmas Day).Luminaria will highlight 27 different “beats” for guests to enjoy featuring all the sights, sounds, smells, and tastes of the holiday season. Some of the beats include:
- “Warm Welcome” at the entrance of the Gardens with a fully wrapped roof in lights and the surrounding visitor’s center as a taste of what lies ahead.
- The first sight guests will encounter is the “Tree Top Summit”. The 120-foot Christmas trees soars above the Vista Mound surrounded by strands of multi-colored lights and features.
- The “Mosaic” beats nearly 7,000 luminaries of a variety of colors that leads the eye right to the Tree Top. These LED luminaries are set to music and feature all kinds of amazing holiday images.
- “Smore’s Village” is filled with intimate fireplaces where families can make their own smores. This area is also dotted with fun games for everyone in the family.
- “Reindeer Woods” welcomes back our real reindeer for guests to visit with two of Santa’s reindeers.
- The “Light of the World Garden” (thanksgivingpoint.org/events/the-light-of-the-world-garden/)features 15 scenes of bronzed statues from the life of Jesus Christ. Each statue will have theatrical lighting and music to help create a unique experience for guests at every stop.The experience is a little more than a mile walk around the Gardens. Guests are encouraged to bundle up and enjoy the season with a new tradition. Ticket prices and other details for the event can be found at thanksgivingpoint.org/events/luminaria. The basic ticket pricing is $20/adults and $17/children 3-12 and seniors. The website features a variety of packages for guests to enjoy. (*Note: Luminaria is a timed ticketed event each evening.)