buttons

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Monday, July 15, 2013

Book Review: I Carried An Angel

If you love to read then I found a book to add to your list of must reads. Now I must warn you it will make you cry but it is a good true story. This book hits home with me because I too carried a angel baby. Feb. 11, 2000 My baby Collyn left my womb and took a piece of my heart to heaven to get his wings. This kind of thing is not always easy to talk about but sometimes you just need to. Plus sharing your story can possibly help others in the same situation. This is exactly what Staci Luker did in her book "I Carried An Angel".

About the book:
Being a parent is one of the greatest blessings we are given in this life. But what happens when you have to tell your child good-bye? How do you continue on as a parent on earth when your child is apart from you in heaven? I Carried an Angel is the story of one mother finding her way as the parent of a baby who was born sleeping.

I read this book in a day because I couldn't put it down. I felt for her. I been there and I know how bad it feels even today 13 years later. You dont forget your baby ever. I cried and I smile and I got so much inspiration from her. I am so glad she was able to take this horrible experience and make something good out of it. I was amazed how she started a great non profit organization to give these special sleeping angels blankets in memory of her son Barrett. Barrett's Blankets in such a wonderful thing and I hope alot of people keep donating to this awesome foundation. Honestly when I lost Collyn my doctor wouldn't tell me what sex it was and would not let me see the body of my angel because he thought it was to much for me to handle and said it wouldn't look like what I want to see. I regret that day every time. I wouldn't of cared what he looked like I was his mom. The only thing I have from his birth was some pregnancy tests I took and some cute ultrasound pictures of him blowing bubbles. Something as simple as a blanket to wrap his tiny body in to say my good byes would of meant to world to me. So I love she is doing something like that. Overall I loved this book and have recommended to alot of people already. It is a inspiration and you can feel all the raw emotions in this book. She did a wonderful job!

You can get this book at Amazon and you can follow Staci's journey on her blog at Luker Family Tales

I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments: