Pumpkin Pie Bars
· 2 cup(s) pumpkin, puree
· 4 large egg(s), free-range
· 1/2 cup(s) honey, raw
· 2 tablespoon sugar substitute, xylitol, crystalline
· 1/2 cup(s) oil, grapeseed
· 1/4 cup(s) coconut milk, light
· 3/4 cup(s) flour, rice
· 3/4 cup(s) flour, all-purpose, gluten-free
· 1/2 cup(s) almond meal
· 2 teaspoon baking powder
· 1 teaspoon baking soda
· 2 teaspoon cinnamon, ground
· 1/2 teaspoon ginger, ground
· 1/4 teaspoon cloves, ground
· 1 cooking spray
· 8 ounce(s) cheese, neufchâtel, or vegan cream cheese, at room temperature
· 1/3 cup(s) honey, raw
1. Preheat the oven to 350-degrees F.
2. To make the batter: Using a handheld electric mixer at medium speed, beat together the pumpkin, eggs, honey, Xylitol, oil, and coconut milk until light and fluffy. In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, almond meal, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, and cloves. Slowly add flour mixture to liquid mixture and mix with electric mixer at low speed until thoroughly combined and the batter is smooth.
3. Spray a jellyroll pan with nonstick cooking spray. Spread the batter into the pan. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes. Let cool completely before frosting and cutting into bars.
4. To make the frosting: Using a handheld electric mixer at medium speed, beat together the cream cheese and honey. Mix until smooth and creamy.Check out this awesome recipe at http://www.everydayhealth.com/reciperehab/index.aspx