buttons

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Stocking up for the flu/cold season what's in your arsenol

Well today we had our first snow of the season. We went from like 70's and 80's down to 40's in a matter of a week. This means my kids are likely to get sick from the drastic temperature drop. With cold and flu season starting it's time to check my cold and sick stockpile to get me through those hard days and nights. I don't know whats in yours but mine consist of the following.

My must haves for the flu and cold season:
1. Tylenol (kids & adult)
2. Ibuprofen (adults)
3. Can soups (chicken noodle, tomato, etc)
4. Sinus medicine ( sudefed, benedryll, etc.)
5. Cough medicine ( Mucinex kids & adults)
6. Pedialyte
7. Gatorade
8. Ice Packs
9. Heat pad
10. Nausea medicine ( Cola syrup for kids)
11. Diarrhea medicine
12. Eucalyptus & Peppermint oils
13. Vaporizer & humidifier
14. Lots of movies & coloring books
15. Throw up bucket
16. Lots of clean blankets
17. Lysol
18. Tea
19. Saltine Crackers
20. Popsicles
21. Thermometer
22. Doctors phone numbers
I know that sounds like alot but I like to be prepared haha. My kids are the hard ones because when they are sick they are tough to get to take any medicines or eat or drink anything good for them. So I try to get all the medicines in fast melts or tongue strips. I also now found out Pedialyte comes in single size juice boxes. That's awesome that will make things alot easier for them as well as me. Plus nothing is better then Pedialyte for dehydration and diarrhea. Anything in kid friendly packaging is a friend to me especially when they are sick and miserable. I know of the things on my list are things you wouldn't think of until you need it but it is really helpful to have everything ready and prepared and know where everything is. My youngest has already started the whole sick thing this year early. She has been sick for over 3 weeks with sinus infection, ear infection, Bronchitis, and a stomach flu. She has not been eating well or drinking much so my must have sickness  stockpile has been handy. We used just about everything on that list in the last 3 weeks. Actually because of her I need to restock the Tylenol, soup, Popsicles, my oils and Pedialyte juice boxes because those are the only ones she will drink. Remember to also consult your doctor before giving any medicines to yourself or you children just to make sure its ok and safe. Always better safe then sorry!


So with the cold and flu season starting whats in your sick stockpile arsenal? What do you need to stock up on? Did my list help you with yours? Well I hope so and if you need Pedialyte you can get a coupon for $1.50 off  HERE and remember they have a 18 month shelf life so they last a long time. Walgreens has it on sale for $4.99 right now plus the $1.50 coupon  makes it $3.49 that is a awesome deal!
I was compensated for my time by Collective Bias. All views and opinions are mine.

No comments: