buttons

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Dial Diaries- Week 1

I have been selected as one of 100 people from across the country to join the Dial® Healthier You Member Program!  I am very excited since I could definitely use some help right now in the healthy beauty, healthy food and a healthy lifestyle. I am a mom of 6 kids who all have crazy schedules, I am a blogger, a photographer, a wife, and house cleaner and etc. My life is so crazy busy I don't always have the time for myself. I am really gonna try hard to follow these tips and make time for myself.  As part of this program, I will be posting about some wonderful Healthier You tips from Amy Hendel, a Dial® Healthier You program expert. This week we focus on healthy skin and healthy eating!

Week 1: Skin Healthy Foods
Over the next four weeks, I’m going to help you improve your skin and overall health. This week, let’s start with nutrition. They say that you are what you eat, and when it comes to your skin’s health, your food choices can improve your skin’s resilience and clarity, slow the aging process and prevent breakouts. Keeping processed foods to a minimum and focusing on a diet rich in whole foods will help your skin maintain its health. Let’s look at the three major aspects of skin care:

Hydration: To keep your skin from becoming dry, drink lots of water and eat foods like oily fish and flax seed that are rich in omega-3 fatty acids. Make sure to include foods fortified with biotin like white meat chicken, eggs and Swiss chard to help your body process those healthy fats.

*This is one of biggest challenges. I don't drink enough especially water. Really water is not my favorite drink and I don't drink probably more than 32 Oz's a day so I am really gonna try on this one! I love fish but I am not a huge Chicken fan either or cheeses so we will see ha ha.

Blemish fighters: To fight breakouts, make sure to follow a proper skin care regimen, and include foods rich in zinc like vegetarian baked beans, garbanzo beans and pumpkin seeds.

*This is another one I am really going to try on this one. I not a bean person. I do eat a little bit but not nearly enough. I do like pumpkin seeds but not beans lol.

Anti-aging: Commit to regular use of a broad spectrum SPF, and add vitamin E to your daily diet to prevent skin damage and wrinkles. Foods enriched with Vitamin E include tuna and fortified cereals. Dark chocolate, tea and watermelon contain compounds that will also help you fight skin damage.

* I use a SPF lotion on my face and body everyday after my bath but never thought to add Vitamin E to my diet. This is one I am definitely gonna start doing.

When you go to the supermarket to buy these healthy skin-promoting foods, include Dial® NutriSkin™ body wash, which hydrates and moisturizes while cleansing your skin of impurities. What to learn more? Follow Dial on Facebook or twitter read my tips on twitter under #DialHealthyTips. Stay Healthy!

Disclosure: I am one of 100 participants of the Dial Healthier You Program and wrote this post as a part of a series of Dial® Healthy You content. All opinions are mine and are not influenced by my part in the campaign at all. Your opinions may differ.

3 comments:

~Shari said...

Wow! I can't wait to follow along on your skin care diary! :)

Jendi said...

I struggle a lot with drinking water too. I'm trying to find all the other 99 members of the Dial Healthier You Program. So nice to meet you!

hendy said...

I can't wait to read more about this journey, a lot of great information as well. I really need to improve my diet and I'm with you on the water thing, water has so many benefits not just hydrating your skin.