buttons

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Monday, December 13, 2010

Dial Diaries- Week 3

My week has been going slow. I am still trying to eat the right foods and vitamins and get enough water. Last week we talked about exercise and trying to get more of it in my schedule. I am really working on it. It been a crazy week with dance showings for my kids, family Christmas party and that lovely time of the month. So eating habits this week were honestly awful. I ate alot of junk. I did have some chicken and salmon. I did push fluids. The exercise was very little unless you count shopping, running around place to place to get stuff ready for the party, chasing after kids, and major cleaning this week. I have had killer cramps and bloating. So I am hoping this week will be better. I plan on getting more real exercise into my schedule and eating better. Its so hard around the Holidays!

This week is all about skin care.  Oh boy do I need this! My skin is dry and itchy and gross. So I cant wait to hear and do some of the suggestion and see if they make my skin any better!


Week 3: Skin Care
Can you believe it’s already week three? I have to say, I’m really enjoying your Dial® Diaries! I hope my comments and reflections are also guiding your journey to a Healthier You. In the past two weeks, we’ve covered skin-healthy nutrition and exercise, so now we’ll specifically discuss skin care.

Sunblock is the #1 tool most dermatologists recommend for preventing skin cancers and premature aging. If you want a tan, you can get it from a bottle or bronzing powder. Once you have embraced the daily SPF, then good skin care really boils down to two steps: Cleansing and Moisturizing.

(I do use a sunblock lotion on my face everyday. I have to moisturize my face because it peels and flakes and is itchy and breaks out. )

Your facial cleanser should match your skin type and age. Your body wash should gently cleanse without stripping your skin of important oils and moisture. Choosing a body wash like Dial® NutriSkin™ will allow you to cleanse and moisturize in just one step. If you choose to use a separate moisturizer, use it directly after the shower while your skin is still damp. The moisturizer will seal in the water droplets for added hydration. In addition to the smart skin care choices you make, drinking water and eating plenty of fruits and veggies is extremely important in keeping your skin well-hydrated.

(Such a great tip. I have tried alot of cleansers and alot of them dry my face out or break me out. I moisturize right after I wash my face as well to lock in the moisture. Still working on the water but I love fruits and veggies.)

I am excited to see how well I do this week so stay tune for next week the final week of my Dial Diaries posts. Sad isn't it? Well I have been learning and hope this week is better progress!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, i just want to say hello to the community

~Shari said...

Interesting to learn that you DO SUNBLOCK to your face EVERYDAY!

Keep it up! One more week!