buttons

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Friday, November 11, 2011

Day 7 of Christmas Gift Guide- Avocado Knife review

I don't know about you but even as a kid I have loved Avocados. I like guacamole and just slices of avocado especially in a salad mmm yummy. The one thing I hate though is my knifes suck at cutting them and getting seed out. So when I found out about Kuhn Rikon Avocado knife I wanted to try it. I mean it is the holidays and what is holiday get together with out chips and guacamole?

Kuhn Rikon Avocado Knife info:
This all-in-one tool for avocados cuts, pits and scoops. The high-carbon stainless-steel serrated knife cuts through tough avocado skin. Use the tool to hit into the pit and twist to remove. The curved knife tip effortlessly removes the flesh. Dishwasher safe. 4¾" blade. Suggested retail price $12.95. Available at Sur la table.

My Opinion:
My first impression when it arrived was um really what the heck is this. I don't think this will work. Much to my surprise though it cut through the avocado with ease even through the thick skin. The seed removal part was a little tough to get the hang of at first but once I figured it out it was so easy. This make cutting, seeding and peeling the avocado so much easier. I loved it! This little knife will get alot of use in my house. Yes my youngest is just like me and loves avocados as well. So if you hate the tedious job of cutting and seeding the avocados but love them you should check out Kuhn Rikon Avocado knife. It would make a great stocking stuffer for the baker in your life or for yourself because we all know sometimes we have to buy our own gifts if we want what we really want lol. So head over and check it out!

No comments: