buttons

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Wednesday, June 5, 2013

The Low GI Slow Cooker Recipe book

Being a busy mom I absolutely love my slow cooker because I can throw everything in and let it cook all day while I get what I need to done without worrying about coming home and figuring out what to make and how long it is gonna take. Now that I am trying to eat healthier to lose some weight this can sometimes be difficult for me because I dont know alot of healthy recipes to make in the slow cooker. I am a health study college student and have done alot of research on how your Glycemic Index effects not only your blood sugar for diabetes but also for weight and many other health issues. So I love finding recipes that don't raise your GI too high or fluctuate it much. This not only is great for your well being and health but for weight control. So when I heard about the Low-GI Slow Cooker recipe book I had to have it!

Since I have got it I have loved it! There are so many delicious healthy recipes in it. When you eat one of these meals you will forget your eating healthy because it taste too good to be healthy but it is!It this book there are breakfast, lunch, main dishes, vegetable, desserts, soups and so much more! I love the French Toast casserole, the Stuffed apples, Tropical Mahi Mahi with Mango Jalapeno salsa, and the Sausage Frittata. Those are just a few I have tried and loved and there will be many more in the future I am sure I will love. So I suggest anyone who loves cooking with their slow cooker to check out this awesome cookbook you will love it!

About the book:
The glycemic index (GI) provides a measure of how quickly blood sugar levels rise after eating a particular type of food. Recent studies from the Harvard School of Public Health have shown that a low-GI food-based diet offers significant benefits for weight control, diabetes prevention, and coronary heart disease.

 Now you can effortlessly keep your blood sugar levels under control with “The Low GI Slow Cooker,” a new cookbook that will help you get and stay healthy. Simply toss recipe ingredients into your slow cooker and return later to home-cooked French Toast Casserole, Smoky Turkey Chili, Mushroom and Eggplant Lasagna, and Chocolate Peanut Butter Custard for dessert. Yum!

No comments: