buttons

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Saturday, April 13, 2013

Meals in a Jar Cookbook- Review

I am a huge fan of food and recipes. I love to cook new things. I don't always have the time to make a complicated recipe so I do like easy ones and especially meals I can make ahead and just pull out when I am ready to make it. So when I got the chance to review Meal in a Jar Cookbook I was excited! I love jar meals. I make different cookie and brownie mixes in jars to give people for Christmas presents and I loved to know more recipes I could do that with and have for our family as well.

Overview of the book:
“Meals in a Jar” is packed with step-by-step instructions for 125 natural breakfasts, lunches, dinners and desserts, including Biscuits and Gravy, Braised Short Ribs, Turkey Pot Pie, Breakfast Burritos, White Chocolate Cranberry Cookies and much more. Not only are the recipes in this book perfect for carry-along camping fare, weeknight dinners, meals for Dad (or your teenager) to prepare, they can also be lifesavers in times of disasters like fires, blackouts or hurricanes.

Our Opinion of the book:
This book has it all! I mean not just cookies and brownies but soups, muffins, breakfasts, pastas, main dishes, side dishes, snacks, and even beverages! Oh my I just wanted to make them all! Literally looking through the book I was drooling and planning and i was in heaven. I mean I could take a hour or two each weekend and make like 10-15 of these meal jars so that on weekdays all I have to do is pull the jar out and add water and cook. It is so easy that even my husband and 14 year old can make dinner when I am so busy or at school. The baked pasta kit and pizza kits are my family's favorite along with the chili. We love the cobbler recipe and the cowboy cookies mmm so good! So if you need more ideas for meal planning and pantry stocking you have to check out Meal in a Jar Cookbook. You will love it!

No comments: